Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 141

Thread: Music Trivia Games!

  1. #91
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi KLH!
    Nice to see you and welcome to the game!
    You have a great start with three correct answers!

    #06 is indeed Tommy Bolin.
    #12 is indeed Golden Earring.
    #13 is indeed The Runaways.

    That leaves 12 questions for you and your fellow contestants to ponder.
    Good luck dude!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink

  2. #92
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just saw that on the news. #2 is Caroline Kennedy. They were saying he must have been a pervert because she was so young at the time and the song was sexual in nature.
    I saw where you mentioned **** Jagger doing that Too Many Cooks song somewhere else Gus so #15 is **** Jagger.

    Thats it for me for now anyway... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  3. #93
    Inactive Member Bohemian Twister's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2003
    Posts
    136
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Angry

    M-I-C-K

  4. #94
    Inactive Member Guillam's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 4th, 2007
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1) Jimmy Page
    7) George Harrison (under the name L'angelo Mysterioso, I believe)
    9) Cass Elliot and Denny Doherty of the Mamas and the Papas

    Jimmy Page first wanted to name Led Zeppelin "The New Yardbirds!"

  5. #95
    HB Forum Owner mr rogie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    3) Mellisa Manchester (Who also recorded the song on one of her LP's)
    4) Who Wears "Short Shorts" ( I was in love with Seson Hubley in the early 70's Nair Ad)
    5) Bob Segar
    10) Mungo Jerry (The original singer is still recording as Mungo Jerry's Blues Band with a Cd released a couple years ago called Adults only)
    11) Ian Loyd & Stories
    14) I remember seeing a behind the scenes of this song. George Harrison played guitar billy preston was there and I think Michelle phillips sang back up, but I'm not sure about her

    Another Great game Wink [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I always told my Mom there was a good reason to buy & save my Rock Scene, Circus, Hit prader and the other assorted reading material I wasted my lawn mowing money on [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #96
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Good Golly Miss Molly! This is amazing! I'm off-line for the day, fixing my computer problem and I come back to find this game is all but over!

    Welcome to the game contestants! I'm glad you could all join us! Let's look at your answers in the order they were given, shall we?!?!?

    Mr. Twister - You are correct on both of your answers!

    #02 is indeed Caroline Kennedy! I'll have find those lyrics. She WAS still a kid then, I think!
    #15 is indeed Mr. Jagger! Yup, I mentioned his new CD on the 'What Up (musically speaking)' thread, a while back! The auto-censor thinks his name sounds too much like *****, apparently! LOL!

    Guillam - You are correct on all three of your answers!

    #01 is indeed Jimmy Page and I am surprised you knew that. Jimmy WAS a member of the Yardbirds and ended up owning the name and a string of concert obligations, when the Yardbirds fell apart in 1968. They played those shows as the New Yardbirds before recording their first album and switching their name to Led Zeppelin, a term coined by Keith Moon, of The Who!
    #07 is indeed George Harrison and you are correct about the pseudonym he used too! In fact, all of the Beatles used pseudonyms when appearing on other peoples records back in those days!
    George also played guitar on the studio version of Badge!
    #9 is indeed The Mamas and The Papas' Cass and Denny. The Mugwumps recorded one album which was not released until 1967. I would love to hear it but I've never even seen it!

    Mr. Rogie - You are correct on all six of your answers!

    #03 is indeed Melissa Manchester! I did not know she recorded the song too, Thanks for the info!
    #04 is indeed Short Shorts but I did not know Season Hubley was in those early commercials. I was also crazy about her back then, so I wish I had known. Maybe I can find those commercials on YouTube. We shall see!!!
    #05 is indeed Bob Seger! I wish I could hear The Underdogs version of that song, somehow!
    #10 is indeed Mungo Jerry! They never had another hit in the U.S. but had an impressive list of top forty hits in England after In The Summertime!
    #11 is indeed The Stories! It's interesting that at a 1976, Ian Lloyd solo album session, M`ck Jones met Ian MacDonald, and the pair went on to form Foreigner!
    #14 is indeed George Harrison! The band also include Billy Preston, Carol King, Nicky Hopkins, Klaus Voorman and Jim Keltner but Mama Michelle was not present, as far as I know. I love that funny record, for sure!

    So the score is:
    6 points for Mr. Rogie
    3 points for KLH
    3 points for Guillam
    2 points for Mr. Twister

    Congrats to Mr. Rogie for winning this game!
    <marquee>Atta-boy Atta-boy Atta-boy Atta-boy Atta-boy Atta-boy [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] </marquee>

    BTW, the answer to #08 is THE CRITTERS! Remember them?!?!

    Hey! Once again, thanks for playing our Music Trivia Game #7, ya'all!

    I'll be back a.s.a.p. if not soner with game #8!
    Hope to see you all then, right here, on the world famous Cherie Currie message board!

    Goodnight folks!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    WD

  7. #97
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hi there folks! It's me Wink Dangerdale and I am here, once again, with the our Music Trivia Game #8.

    It's always a pleasure bringing these trivia games to Cherie Peeps worldwide, so without furthur adieu,
    here are your 15 questions. I am looking forward to seeing your 15 answers!

    As usual, I wish good luck to all contestant!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    01) When Decca Records first released "Rock Around The Clock" by Bill Haley And His Comets in the Spring of 1954, most people had never heard of Rock And Roll and the company had a hard time describing the song.
    The label on the single called it a what?

    02) On December 17th, 1977, David Ackroyd became the first record buyer to receive a Gold Disc when he purchased the one-millionth copy of what single?

    03) In December of 1969, what famous singer was quoted as saying "I don't really like singing very much, I enjoy playing the guitar more than I enjoy singing and I can't play the guitar either."

    04) Ross Bagdasarian (Davis Seville) named The Chipmunks after executives at what record company? Alvin was named for Al Bennett, president of the company, Simon was named after Bennett's partner, Si Waronker and Theodore was named for Ted Keep, a recording engineer.

    05) What christmas song was written by Johnny Marks and recorded by Brenda Lee in 1958? Although Decca released it in both that year and again in 1959, it did not catch on until Lee rose to stardom in 1960. That Christmas season, it reached #16 on the Billboard Pop chart and has since become a perennial holiday favourite. The song continues to sell well during the holiday season and rose to #5 on the Christmas chart in 1984.

    06) One of the strangest moments in Pop music history took place on September 11, 1977, when two stars from different generations got together to tape "The Little Drummer Boy" and "Peace On Earth" for an upcoming Christmas TV special. The pair rehearsed for an hour and finished their duet in only three takes.
    Can you name the two stars?

    07) In October, 2000, what singer paid over $2 million for the piano that John Lennon used to write "Imagine"? It is a simple upright model and not the white piano that appeared on the album cover.

    08) What drummer, played drums on The Beatles' track "Love Me Do", which was included on the Beatles Greatest Hits album? He did not earn any money in royalties from it. He only received his original session fee of ?7 ($14 US), which is not even enough for him to buy his own copy of the album.

    09) The much publicized pistol-waving episode outside Graceland in 1976 is said to be a misunderstanding. This singer/pianist and Elvis were long time friends and he had been invited to visit. A pistol on the dashboard of his car had been given to him earlier that evening as a present and when security guards at the Gracelands gates saw the pistol and asked if he?d come to shoot Elvis, he just joked: "Sure I have." This led to his arrest and the subsequent press stories. Do you know who he is?

    10) After this singer turned down "Travelin' Man", Ricky Nelson recorded the song and had a Billboard chart topping single with it in 1961. Who was it that turned the song down?

    11) This Rigteous Brothers' hit was never intended to be a single. It was recorded as an album cut and later pressed on the "B" side of the 45 "Hung On You". When it was released, DJs flipped the disc over and it quickly rose to #4 in the US and #1 in the UK. What song is it?

    12) Bobby "Boris" Pickett, who topped the Billboard Pop chart in 1962 with "The Monster Mash", once had his tour bus break down outside of a town called Frankenstein, in what state?

    13) When asked about their controversial hit song "One Toke Over The Line" during an interview with Brewer and Shipley, they said that "toke" had nothing to do with marijuana, but meant what?

    14) When this Beatles' song was first issued, the fine print under the title said "From the United Artists Release Eight Arms To Hold You", which was the original name for the film Help!. Can you name the song?

    15) What popular songstress was a background vocalist on the Righteous Brothers' "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling"?

    There ya go contestants!
    Once again, GOOD LUCK to ya!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink

  8. #98
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1) I don't know if I understand this question, I think they referred to the style as Jump

    2) Paul McCartney's Mull Of Kintire

    3) I remember this qoute, but I'm not 100% sure, But I think I remember M ick Jagger saying it

    5) It has to be Rockin? Around the Christmas Tree (which just played on the radio about 10 minutes ago)

    6) I remember watching this with my parents & my dad complaing about the wierd looking one...David Bowie & Bing Crosby

    7) George Michael

    9) The Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis

    10) Sam Cooke

  9. #99
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Good job Mr. Ella! You have 6 correct answers there!

    Your answer to #01 is incorrect though! The qustion is in refeence to what was actually printed on the label of the single.

    Keep them answers coming folks!
    I'll be back, more later!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Wink

  10. #100
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm guessing that it is about guessing time fer some of the other questions, so...


    8) is it Jimmy Nicols?

    11) Could it be "You Lost That Lovin' Feeling?

    14) I checked my Cd and I think it could be "Yesterday"

    15) it seems like Phil Spector had something to do with the Righteous Brothers, is it Possible that Ronnie Spector sang back up?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic